- What kind of investors does CEM work with?
- CEM investors are retail brokers, portfolio and fund managers, institutional investors, family offices and high net worth/accredited investors. We do not bring out analysts, investment bankers or marketing individuals.
- What type of issuers usually participate in CEM’s live events or virtual meetings?
- CEM works with a broad client base of growth stage small/micro-cap companies (Resource, Technology, Biotech, MMJ, Blockchain, Healthcare etc). Investors will have the opportunity to hear their story straight from execs and CEO’s with enough time for questions at the end.
- How can I maximize my return on investment by participating in a live event or virtual meeting?
- Ensure proper follow-up is conducted. CEM events are relationship-building exercises. You must follow up on the meetings that went well and keep in touch to develop and build upon relationships. This will ensure your meetings will be paid for many times over.
- What are the COVID-19 protocols in place right now?
- During COVID-19 we are conducting our live events on a smaller scale with full local health authority protocols in place. We have successfully hosted two small events in September 2020 (British Columbia and Ontario) keeping the gathering size to the maximum number allowed of 50 and implementing all necessary health guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests. We will continue to react to all local and global developments as they come into effect.
- How much does it cost to attend a CEM conference?
- CEM hosts 7 conferences per year across North America and the Bahamas, so event pricing for issuers varies depending on location. Discounts for multiple events apply. Please contact us directly for costs and packages.
- How many meetings can I expect at the event?
- You will have 18, 20-minute 1:1 meetings running from approximately 9:00 AM-5:00 PM on the day of the conference. You will also meet a variety of other attendees during the networking portions of the weekend.
- What is included in my registration fee?
- The standard conference fee includes a day of 1:1 meetings, 2 nights' accommodation, food & beverage, and networking activity for 1 delegate. Each additional delegate incurs a fee on top of the company price.
- What materials should my company bring to the conference?
- As you will be participating in 18 1:1 meetings and will meet additional investors throughout the event, we suggest bringing 25 investor packages. Presentations vary from utilizing printed materials to laptop or LCD presentations, to product demonstrations. Please ensure you bring plenty of business cards (30-50) for the meetings and networking events as well.
- Do I need a booth or will there be one set up for me?
- Each company will be provided with a 10-foot wide by 8-foot deep meeting area with signage, table, chairs & electricity. Most issuers bring a pull-up banner or two to dress up the meeting area, along with any other visuals required for meeting purposes.
- Can I bring my spouse/family/guests?
- Absolutely! Many attendees will bring a guest with them to the event. Guests are welcome to attend the opening night cocktail reception, post-conference dinner, and networking activity. Please note, we are unable to accommodate guests at our breakfast and lunch due to capacity restraints. Additional charges apply to guest networking activities only.
- Is the transportation arranged for me?
- Please contact us for all transportation-related inquiries. Depending on the event location, we may provide a shuttle for conference attendees.
- What is the conference attire?
- The conference is business casual and depending on the location attendees can dress for the climate. Dresses and skirts or slacks and blazers (business casual) are generally appropriate for the cocktail and conference day, and casual clothes for all networking activities.
- Can I upgrade my room or extend the number of nights I would like to stay? How do I do this if so?
- Yes, absolutely you can upgrade or extend your hotel nights at any of our conference venues. Each hotel has a different booking process, so please contact us directly with any hotel-related inquiries.
- How long do virtual meetings last?
- Our virtual meetings follow the same format as our live events. Each meeting lasts for 20 minutes each with a 30-minute window maximum to finish up and final questions or comments.
- How do I set up zoom?
- Zoom is easy to use and the online web access allows attendees to join a Zoom meeting without downloading any plugins or software. Meeting attendees can find the zoom link in their calendar invite for the specific meetings scheduled, and will be directed to the zoom online portal.
- Do I need Zoom to participate in the virtual meetings?
- To participate via a camera in our virtual meetings, you will need to use the zoom link sent included in your calendar invite. Please contact us if you need help, or would like to dial-in instructions for the meetings instead.
- How can I make the most of my zoom meetings?
- To make the most of your zoom meetings, you should come prepared with an understanding of who you are meeting with and the presentation being discussed. For investors, please take a moment to read over the presentation link included in your calendar link, as well as the one-pager document found on our virtual landing page.
- How can I choose my meeting times?
- Our virtual meetings take place during pre-set meeting times throughout the week - Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM, 9:15 AM, 10:15 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:15 PM and 2:00 PM PST. Please let our team know what time(s) work for you and we will coordinate the rest. Please also let us know if there are any times other than those offered that would be more convenient for you and we will do our best to accommodate.
- What kind of companies does CEM Capital invest in?
- CEM invests in the same companies we host at our live events and virtual meetings. Our mandate at CEM is to take full advantage of investment opportunities and grow our capital through supporting and investing in issuers that are participating at our live events and virtual meetings. We stand behind what our clients and what they represent.
- How do I get more information on CEM Capital?
- We highly encourage you to connect with Ryan Iverson, our Portfolio Manager & Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He works closely with prospective clients and needs to stay up to date with crucial corporate events such as financings and major corporate milestones.
- Who are the rewards for?
- We have created a loyalty reward program for our investor clients to show them how much we value their support and participation in our meetings.
- How do I access and redeem my rewards points?
- Similar to other reward programs, CEM investors will be able to accumulate reward points by working with us through our live events, virtual meetings, referral program etc. There are lots of ways to build points that can be redeemed for exceptional perks. Register and sign into your dashboard to track your points and email us if you'd like to redeem them. In the near future, you will be able to redeem online directly in your dashboard.
We would love to hear from you! Please fill in the form below and our team will get back to you within the next business day.